Monday, January 12, 2009

with this ring?

You might have to read the previous post to get where I'm coming from, but I've pretty much given up on the idea of a "set" of wedding bands. Diamonds, in and of themselves, aren't so much my style, and the ring I've already got is already pushing my comfort level as far as bling goes. Just to put things in perspective: for 9 years, I had worn a plain silver band on my middle finger. Nothing else, and if I were to be so brave as to wear a bracelet? Always on the other hand, so as not to compete. Daredevil, I know. So this was a bit of a stretch for me:
For those of you who don't know, that's my first and only "bling". I love it, and maybe, sometime down the road I'll get used to it enough to add anniversary bands above and below, but for now, whenever I add more to it, it stops feeling like mine, and more like costume jewelry. So what I think I've settled on is getting a second ring, but something much more "me", to be worn on the ring finger of the right hand. I think this is the perfect solution: I get to have two rings which to me symbolize the first (almost) ten years together, and the next, you know, fifty? A girl can hope, right?! But in the same respect, I feel like they'll be MORE important, because instead of just doing as I'm told, I'll be doing something that really reflects both myself and A. We both respect tradition, the romance of it, but sometimes it can be important to translate in order to be able to maintain that respect.

And so, without further ado, I give you some of the options I've found that are available here in podunk. All quite different, and I'm sure there'll be more to come. Also? None over $500... most are significantly lower. Feel free to leave me feedback in the comments! I'd love to know you opinions!
Ben Moss. This is definitely the classic choice, and surprising hard to find (most bands are channel set instead of prongs, which makes the prong setting generally out of our budget.)
Ben Moss. Gorgeous, huh? Quite expensive (top of our budget) but ridiculously pretty. Might even match up with my e-ring.
Ben Moss. Sooooo pretty, and a perfect example of a good reason to split up the rings and wear this on my right hand...
Ben Moss. Super modern but I'm really liking it. It actually is very reminiscent of that silver band I wore all those years, just a HUGELY upgraded version (You know, in white gold and diamonds!)
Sears. These next two will probably be the hardest for folks to swallow, but I'm really loving them. Really, shape-wise, they're not all that crazy, it's really the colour that sets them apart... and yes, those ARE black diamonds. They kind of feel deco to me, and rock 'n roll at the same time (and remember, this will be on my right hand, not the traditional ring finger)
Sears.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I think the last ring (intertwined dark and light diamonds) looks identical to many $7 costume jewellery rings I've seen, the rest are absolutely wonderful! You have a great group to choose from - each very different from the one before.

Post a Comment