
I guess there's a few things you can do when you realize something's becoming a full-on trend: embrace it as the new big thing; try to get on board early but try to jump ship before it sinks; avoid it altogether, you'd rather be original; who cares if it's a trend? if you like it, you like it. If not, why bother?
So I guess the way I feel about balloons is this: can be totally cute, as in the contexts below, but in the wrong hands it can go HORRIBLY wrong! Brides beware of this trend! I know it's sweet, but I'm thinking it's harder to pull off than it looks! Images from Martha Stewart Weddings, Max Wanger, and Le Ballon Rouge.
So I guess the way I feel about balloons is this: can be totally cute, as in the contexts below, but in the wrong hands it can go HORRIBLY wrong! Brides beware of this trend! I know it's sweet, but I'm thinking it's harder to pull off than it looks! Images from Martha Stewart Weddings, Max Wanger, and Le Ballon Rouge.
1 comments:
I completely agree...this is VERY tricky and when it doesn't work, it can look like a 1980's prom gone horribly wrong!
One trick is to strategically place ("strategic" just cannot be emphasized enough) the very large round balloons (think car lot size) in subdued hues. 36 inch rounds are good.
Still, its a roll of the dice. Cute when done right. Tragic when not!
Post a Comment