Friday, March 27, 2009

diy: ring pillow (1st draft??)

So, I'll have to tidy this up a wee bit yet, but I'm pretty happy with how cute our ring "pillow" turned out! About 20 min, $2, and a VERY minimal amount of effort later we have a damask-printed, black satin be-ribboned, pink "rose" topped ring box... I simply covered a $1 gift box in a sheet of scrapbooking paper (part of the large pack I've bought to co-ordinate all my paper goods), then I used a strong-hold glue to affix the "roses" which were a whopping $1 for the whole bunch, after ripping them off their stems. The trick I found was to start in the middle and work my way out, wrapping the petals of the outer flowers down over the sides of the box. Then I wrapped a satin ribbon around the top edge of the box to clean up the edges. Lastly, I looped another ribbon under the center of one rose to tie the rings to. And all done!

0 comments:

Post a Comment