Thursday, March 5, 2009

i miss 'im aka i hate the economy

So, due to the nature of A.'s job, he typically gets laid off each winter and has to go "up North" to work on the pipeline... This was the first year that he was supposed to be within driving distance of home every night... Then the economy hit the crapper ('scuse my french) and he got laid off from that gig as well... We saw it coming, and we were prepared, but it still SUCKS! So he's "up North" once again and it's been a little over six weeks since he left home.
There's nothing like planning a wedding to make you miss your loved one even more ("Um, well we WOULD meet with you to discuss the wedding but he's 5 hours away in the middle of the bush and it's kind of inconvenient")
What made it worse (better?) was that the last time he came home for a whopping 18hrs we had an AMAZING time together... I'm talking spontaneous candlelight, slow dancing in the kitchen, looking up our favorite music together in our jammies... Good times, kids. BUT it's making me cranky! I want him here RIGHT NOW! *stomps foot, throws dolly on floor, and pouts* So I'm wallowing and listening to the last song he sang for me before he left. "I love you like all little children love pennies." Um, yeah. Did I mention we've been together almost 9 years? I love 'im.

0 comments:

Post a Comment