Thursday, March 26, 2009

why "I'm growing it out for the wedding" can be lame-o

So, I've been meaning to post this for a while now. Here's the thing, I'm growing out my hair for my wedding. I have masses of thick, wavy, dark hair that makes me feel uber-feminine and pretty. Caveat: I have had short hair my ENTIRE adult life until recently, and so the novelty of said mass has yet to wear off, but the minute it does? Snip. Which is why I guess it bugs me that chicitas with killer short crops are always trying to disguise the fact once they get married. So I've been on a mission to prove that not only can short wedding hair look cool, and cute, but also that wedding favorite: pretty! You do NOT have to forgo a veil, or curls, or combs with short hair! If anything, I think these styles prove that short hair can be AMAZING for really setting off the BRIDE instead of just her HAIR! Anyhoo! Enjoy, and lemme know... Images from (top to bottom): The Bride's Cafe, Indigo Photography via The Knot,Oeil Photography, Our Labor of Love, Once Wed x2

1 comments:

Bride in Exile said...

What great photos! At the beginning of my engagement, I decided to grow out my hair. Six weeks later I was back in the salon begging the hairdresser to cut it off. In my case the novelty wore off fast! What changed my mind was looking through some old photos where I had really long hair, and realizing that my short hair looked way better on me than either an updo or my long hair.

Post a Comment