
So, we're coming up on the last couple of months here and I'm starting to realize why wedding planning can be so stressful... Seems like everything that could go wrong is happening now, rather than earlier (or maybe it just seems that way since there's less time to deal with problems). Example: gift registry. Should have been a piece of cake: walk around a couple stores and pick out slightly less practical, slightly prettier stuff that we'd like to own, but generally can't justify getting for ourselves. Yeah, should've been, anyways. Turns out, of the four stores I went to, only one of them still had a gift registry! This SUCKED since it's the most expensive store and I felt like an ASS for adding things that, I felt, made me seem SUPER pretentious and demanding. Cuz here's the thing: I think everyone should register. People are going to want to get you things you want and need, regardless of how long you've been together, or how well established your home is. The exception to this would be if you're informing your guests that you want NO gifts, including cash gifts, and/or would like donations made in your behalf, and even then you can and should register for those donations. It just makes it so much simpler for your guests instead of making them guess whether you'd prefer eggplant or ecru handtowels... This coming from the woman who's been to over a dozen weddings/showers in the last 6 years... Even with close friends it can be hard to REALLY know what they want/need. Seriously, how much time do you really spend talking to your friends about if they need a wok or not?
But what do you do if, like me, your town just does NOT offer viable options for a registry? Well, I think I might have an option. Have you guys heard of Wishpot? Basically it allows you to scour the whole internet, anywhere really, and add ANYTHING to an online registry, accessible from anywhere to all of your guests. I think this option is particularly great in that it lets you register for a couple things from several stores without having to have several registries (and, you know, avoiding looking like a greedy a-hole with a dozen registries is a definite plus!)
So, I've already been able to add items from Sears and Ikea, and I'm looking forward to hitting up Pier 1, Home Depot, and Etsy, all without having to leave the comfort of my house! This is gonna be FUN! Oh, and I have a three year old that I won't have to drag through the china dept., teeth clenched, while she strains to "play" with the zillionth Royal Doulton doll. For that lack of stress ALONE this'll be worth it! Check it out for yourself:
But what do you do if, like me, your town just does NOT offer viable options for a registry? Well, I think I might have an option. Have you guys heard of Wishpot? Basically it allows you to scour the whole internet, anywhere really, and add ANYTHING to an online registry, accessible from anywhere to all of your guests. I think this option is particularly great in that it lets you register for a couple things from several stores without having to have several registries (and, you know, avoiding looking like a greedy a-hole with a dozen registries is a definite plus!)
So, I've already been able to add items from Sears and Ikea, and I'm looking forward to hitting up Pier 1, Home Depot, and Etsy, all without having to leave the comfort of my house! This is gonna be FUN! Oh, and I have a three year old that I won't have to drag through the china dept., teeth clenched, while she strains to "play" with the zillionth Royal Doulton doll. For that lack of stress ALONE this'll be worth it! Check it out for yourself:
0 comments:
Post a Comment