Thursday, May 14, 2009

embracing the crazy

So, I had a chat with my good buddy M y'day, in which I explained that I now totally get the whole "crazy bride hysteria" thing. I have almost a whole room, folks, in my 3 bedroom house CRAMMED with wedding stuff. I have a binder and notebook with wedding stuff. I went out and checked on my flower beds, wondering if they would be appropriate to use as wedding stuff. I have not replaced my holey (not holy) sheets just in case I should receive new ones as part of the wedding stuff. Notice a theme here?
I am that bride. How did this happen? How did I get here? I tried so hard to avoid all this jazz, and yet. I mean I avoided tulle. And ivy. And bridal salons. I stopped purchasing weddings mags. I decided on a family photog, and self-catering, and an ipod. And yet. Here I am. Crazy Bride.
For all the bad rap that the WIC (Wedding Industrial Complex) has been getting as of late (though deservedly) sometimes I can't help but think the basic principle of a wedding ie. big ass party + lifelong commitment, would be enough to make the most sane of us lose it, even in the best of times, regardless of how hard we try to shield ourselves from the hysteria. So, for now, I've decided to just roll with it. It's less than two months away. It's crazy time here, in the 'zinga household, and that's just how it is.
BUT, it's only two months. We'll make it. And then we'll be married. And me and A. and Monkey can curl up in bed on the 13th, and eat left over cupcakes and watch KungFu Panda for the gazillionth time and things will go back to "normal". Until then: BRING IT.

0 comments:

Post a Comment