Sunday, May 24, 2009

put a ring on it

Yay! We picked up my wedding band this week! I honestly can't tell you how much more difficult it was to find a band that I liked AND looked good with my e-ring... When I first bought my e-ring, the stores all warned me that it would be "difficult" to find a ring to "match", since I wasn't buying the standard set that they try to pimp out to you so fiercely. And yes, a set would have been easier. But I didn't like them, and frankly, I think it's more than a little assholeish of the salespeople that I dealt with that they all (from at least six different stores) made it SO difficult for me to go with the option that felt right to me. Even when I went back to buy the wedding band, I STILL had salespeople trying to sell me the "pre-made" sets instead, even though I already had an e-ring!!! Why? Because that would have been easier for them.
W
hen I would try to explain what I was looking for (a VERY thin white gold band, preferably with diamonds and sapphires, though just diamonds, or just gold was fine. And the stones had to wrap at least 1/2 way around to match my e-ring.) and that NO, it did not HAVE to MATCH! They just looked at me dumbfounded, and then suggested AGAIN that I have something custom made. Not an option. But mostly, it was the idea that it didn't have to be perfect, just perfect for me, that seemed to give them the most problems. They just couldn't wrap their minds around the idea that someone would want something more creative and sentimental, but less perfect. Anyhoo, that's my little rant...

E
ventually, with the help of some bossy family members who knew to look beyond the pretty "wedding ring" cases, I found a killer almost-black sapphire and diamond band that is WAY more me, WAY more rock 'n roll, and WAY more perfect than anything I could've asked for. Oh, and it was on clearance for almost half of what my budget was! Love when that happens. The pic above isn't my ring (my stones are VERY dark, basically black, and to be honest, they only go halfway around) but it's a pretty good representation. I think it looks killah with my ring below (from Ben Moss)

0 comments:

Post a Comment