Wednesday, June 24, 2009

i like to recycle

Comments from other people's blogs. But to be fair, this IS my comment, I just happened to post it over at A Practical Wedding but wanted to repost it here:
My mantra has become "As long as we end up married." Because at the end of the day, as long as that happens, it'll be the best wedding I've ever been to! Oh, and realizing how big a gap there is between "tradition" and "typical". People will tell you all the time that something is "tradition" but what they really mean is that it's what's "typical". Just because something has been "typical" for ten of fifteen years does NOT make it a tradition, never mind one worth abiding by!

4 comments:

Emilia Jane said...

you are a genius, my friend.

MPES PFA said...

Aw! Thanks lady! And back atcha!

anna and the ring said...

Just randomly found your blog and am loving it.

I could not agree more. I have no desire to have a perfect wedding. I just want to get married and have some fun along the way.

I happen to like planning, trying to be crafty and not being overly extravagant. Although little bit of fantabulousness couldn't hurt.

MPES PFA said...

Anna: Glad you're digging it! Come on by anytime!

Post a Comment