Well kidlets, I did it. I finally sucked it up and ordered and paid for my flowers. And... I bought hydrangeas. You know, the flowers I SWORE I wouldn't get because everyone and their iguana uses them for weddings. Well, now so am I, I guess. Funny thing, though. Guess why? Because carnations, that's right, CARNATIONS were too expensive! I know, right?!?!?!?! Believe it or not, good old dime store carnations were almost as expensive as roses and would've actually cost me 3 times as much as the the hydrangeas! Crap I hate when trends catch on! Why couldn't they have realized everyone was using carnations now, like, a week AFTER my wedding?! Well, anyway, I'm only using them for lil' sis's bouquet, and frankly, she LOVES them, so it was probably meant to be afterall. And besides, even I can admit that that arrangement above IS pretty chic, and I mean, that's just white hydrangeas...For the rest I bought 17 dozen pink roses... that's a hell of a lot of roses! Now I just have to hope that we have ok gardening weather and that I can take up my friends' offers to let me raid their peony patches! It'll be totally gorgeous without the peonies... but it'll be FRICKIN' amazing with them! Here's hoping! Fingers crossed... and toes... Image from Brides by Mark Lund.
0 comments:
Post a Comment