Tuesday, August 11, 2009

whoo! long time no talkie!

I am SOOOO sorry, loves! I've just busy with this silly thing I call a life, but more importantly, I've been trying to decided about what and IF I'll continue blogging... Without an imminent project that I can realistically say the blog is helping out with ie. WEDDING. it kind of seems a little silly. But, then again, in my life anyways, the greatest thing I've learned I can do for myself, to feel like MYSELF, to feel happy and fulfilled and challenged, is to find inspiration... anything, anywhere. To find those little glimmers where you go, "gasp! WHAT is THAT? *quietly* wow, cool." I guess my point is that there a LOT of validity in realizing that the world IS, in fact, larger than my little cream house with the red door. That it's bigger than my own imagination. Bigger, even, than the imaginations of the ones that inspire me.

o
k ok, enough with the heavy... have you guys seen "Julie & Julia"?? See it. Seriously. asap. If ever you needed a little boost, a reason to keep going with your "silly" project, or a reason to stop and smell the boeuf as it were (though why would you want to? ok, bad analogy), or a chance to see two "real" love stories that aren't just girl chases boy... see it. It made my week. And it's a tall girl kicking ass. And now I HAVE to go out and find those letters that Paul Child wrote to his wife. Google them. It's worth it.

1 comments:

Plus Size Bride said...

I LOVE THE MOVIE!!! And my husband was even laughing his head off. Then I promptly went home and read the only Julia Child cookbook I own but it wasn't for French food. I still need to get those but at least it's a start.
I was struggling about what to do with my blog because I'm really not great at talking about myself and there has been lots of stuff that we are dealing with that isn't all that cheery so I don't want to blog about it and someone I know read it. (health issues with his son)
So when I set up my new email address I started a new blog where I can talk about other people's weddings...much more my speed. I'm a great cheerleader for others...myself....not so much sometimes. When I was planning my wedding I had a hard time finding people that were in my size being featured in the blogs so that is what I'm doing now. I'm trying to show off how beautiful all brides are...regardless of their size.
Drop by and say hola sometime soon....

Post a Comment