Yup, me, too many Hot Tamales and boredom, equalled a trip down the street to the LA Confec (that's hipster-speak for our convenience store/video spot) to rent Adventureland... and well... it was ok. There were definitely moments. "Satin Lives"? Good stuff. But I guess what kind of wrecked it for me were the actors. Not to say they were bad, really. I just couldn't get over a) my annoyance with Kristen Stewart long enough to not want to smugly glare at the screen and think, you had it coming b) the idea that Jesse Eisenberg (that's dude's name, right?) isn't just Michael Cera with cheekbones (not that that's bad... good in fact. But still) and c) Ryan Reynolds. Just period. I love him. I can't have my love be reduced to douche level. I just can't wrap my mind around it. But there definitely were chuckles to be had, and it was nice that the 80's setting wasn't just one long joke, but, well, I'm glad I saved my $12 until it came out on dvd. Image from here.Friday, September 18, 2009
"Adventure"?? land.
Yup, me, too many Hot Tamales and boredom, equalled a trip down the street to the LA Confec (that's hipster-speak for our convenience store/video spot) to rent Adventureland... and well... it was ok. There were definitely moments. "Satin Lives"? Good stuff. But I guess what kind of wrecked it for me were the actors. Not to say they were bad, really. I just couldn't get over a) my annoyance with Kristen Stewart long enough to not want to smugly glare at the screen and think, you had it coming b) the idea that Jesse Eisenberg (that's dude's name, right?) isn't just Michael Cera with cheekbones (not that that's bad... good in fact. But still) and c) Ryan Reynolds. Just period. I love him. I can't have my love be reduced to douche level. I just can't wrap my mind around it. But there definitely were chuckles to be had, and it was nice that the 80's setting wasn't just one long joke, but, well, I'm glad I saved my $12 until it came out on dvd. Image from here.
Labels:
budget,
Food,
hot tamales,
humour,
movies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment