Monday, September 21, 2009

slacker

Yup, me. You? Well, maybe not a TOTAL slacker, but I'm awfully good at making projects last indefinitely... But seeing as how my mother gave me the old "I'm going to throw this pot at your head if you show up to ONE MORE Sunday supper without wedding pictures" look (trust me, it's a classic), I figure I REALLY need to get on that! But editing them is taking forever! A few things seem to be the issue 1) I'm definitely losing my interest. After all, you can only stare at what amounts to variations on the same pictures SO MANY TIMES! 2) My computer is a heap of freaking JUNK but I can't afford to replace it for another six months or so. :( So it's "open", wait... "new", wait.... "edit", wait... Yeah, it blows. At least I seem to be coming along a LITTLE, so I thought I'd post a couple of pics to prove it!
*Now keep in mind that I am NOT in ANY way a graphic artist, photographer... really I've got no actual skill in this regard... I simply edited them to make them seem pretty to ME. And the whole, being free thing certainly helps!I really like this one... Oh! And you can see my mom's head piece here! 31 yrs later...Hahaha! Trust me, this represents their relationship perfectly! This would be my hubs and my moh/lil' sister, who full-on calls him her brother (she's known him since she was 12... he's gotten her out of more scrapes than I'm sure she'd be wanting to admit to!)
Ha! Gotta love the "pearls" that my lil'girl/flower girl swiped from the shower... worked out cute, though, right?Awwwww.... buddies! And actually you can see the final results of my alterations... that was my first communion dress, 20 years ago, that my baba made for me... I'm so proud of how it turned out; it fit her like a glove!Detail of the groom's tie... I've got shots like this of the best man and ring bearer, too. I figure I'll mount them as a triptych together.So, the girls were SUPER late getting out to the farm for pictures so the boys had to entertain themselves... this is our ringbearer looking for bugs while quite diligently making sure to keep his tie off the lawn! (due to a threat of death from his mother, perhaps?? lol!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment