Wednesday, September 30, 2009

wordy...

So, for better or worse, I really don't like pics of myself. Don't like getting them taken, don't like looking at them... you get the picture. It's not that I have some massive issue with how I look (just a normal-sized issue, I promise!) but I'm genuinely NOT photogenic (I always look somewhere between stoned and genuinely mentally handicapped) and the idea of slapping up a lot of pics of myself around my home seems, I don' know, kind of narcissistic. Honestly, I know what I look like; I don't need to be reminded. BUT, let's face it: wedding pics. I DO want to commemorate the day, and we DO have some lovely pics, but I just didn't want to go overboard, and more so, I didn't want to end up putting up pics that I'd get sick of and just end up taking down. So I think I've found a happy compromise: I've got two long, narrow frames that each hold five pics, so ten all together. Four of which I filled with some of the quotes on marriage that we used on all of our reception tables. I feel like it breaks up the photos, adds in a little detail from the day, and will hopefully keep me liking them longer than if they had just been photos on their own. Above's a little example of two of the quotes I put in... I think it works, you?

1 comments:

violarulz/ducksandbooks said...

I think that's a great idea! I'm also not a fan of having photos of myself and the dude around the house (we don't have any right now), but he's more the un-photogenic one, not me. :-D

Post a Comment