Saturday, October 24, 2009

freeeeeee!

So this morning, my buddy Jo called me up to ask me if I had heard of this Swap 'n Shop hosted by a church in the city, and well, nope, I hadn't... Apparently everything was FREE. Not just cheap, but FREE. So without further provocation I brushed my teeth and we were on the road. After standing in the rain in the wind for half an hour in a ridiculous line up (seriously, we do NOT live near a particularly large city, but there had to be well over a hundred vehicles there already!) we finally made it inside to experience the total mayhem that is hundreds of people being offered stuff for free! At about the twenty minute mark I heard one of the girls at the door announce "528" as the total of people through the door so far... yeah, it was nuts! But so SO worth it once we started to figure things out (where things were, what to avoid, etc.) On top of a pile of perfectly great kids clothes for my monster AND a neat stack of books, I also came away with everything you see below (ok, not really. But versions there of anyways!) Can you believe I got all of that for FREE! And the best part: they host this thing every six months! I can't wait to go back. Do YOU know of any great local resources that folks should know about?

1 comments:

Megan said...

Um, can I come to the next one, free is in my budget range!!! :)

Post a Comment