Thursday, October 8, 2009
wannabe
I have a confession: I always wanted to be a skater. I wanted to have the full sleeves of pretty tats, the sick moves, the wicked decks... I wanted to be that chick flying over curbs, and down stairwells. Alas, I am a chicken, and an uncoordinated one at that (as are most chickens, really!). So, I've pretty much resigned myself to admiring the lifestyle from afar. Which is how I happened across, this amazing deck... Honestly, I've seen a lot of decks; it can be a fantastic place for artists to showcase their work, and many have. But this is probably my fave. Both complicated, technically, and simple, stylistically, the "Your Mercury Ocean" deck by Olafur Eliasson is pretty amazing. The only thing I can't seem to figure out is what the hell this thing is ACTUALLY made of??? Image from here.
Labels:
artisan,
artwork,
silver,
skateboard,
tattoo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment