So every Sunday we make the twenty minute drive down the road to my MIL's farm for visiting and supper. And, well, they're rednecks. Country folk. Farm kids. You get the idea. Not the "Deliverance" variety, more a cross between Red Green and the Elder brothers (10 pts if you get that last reference!). But let's just say that I see and hear a LOT of things that I will probably NEVER hear in the "city" nor at my own family's table... which is a big part of what makes it awesome. So I thought I would give you guys a little once weekly update about that craziness which is only crazy out of it's original context (most of the time. Sometimes it's just plain crazy, regardless of context).
Crazy for today: drove up on the farm and looked west across the neighbour's pens to see...a moose. Like a real life, honest to god, freaking moose IN the pen... not in the pasture, or the bush, or along the ditch. Nope. Cows, horses, llamas, moose. Just peaceful as could be. To make things even better, I had been looking forward to going to visit his new peacocks. 'Cause you know that's what most people think of when they think "Rural Northern Canada": peacocks. And for those of you who DON'T know: moose are very very very wild. You do NOT keep moose as pets. And they are BIG. Like 12ft big. Yeah, needless to say, I had to chalk that one up on the "Crazy Shit at the Farm" board!

2 comments:
Crazy rednecks eh?
Post a Comment