Tuesday, November 3, 2009

nerd alert

So, I'm a GIANT sucker when it comes to taking my kid to pretty much any movie she'd like to see (though I do have SOME boundaries; I fought with all my might against seeing the likes of "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" and "Hotel for Dogs") so when she announced that she wanted to see "Robot Boy" I figured, why not? Now, I'm the first to admit that, while I watched the show as a kid, I wasn't the biggest fan... So I was FAR from excited to go see it. But I gotta say, I was pretty happily surprised. It's just a really nice story line about family, belonging, being different, etc. The animation's pretty. And it's got a bunch of little design tidbits aimed directly at parents that kept me pretty entertained trying to find more (Lenin propoganda in the robot revolution secret hangout??? Yeah, pretty funny.) Honestly, if you haven't seen it yet, go. It's worth it. Image from here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment