Friday, October 31, 2008
Dress Doubts
So a certain someone started planted all sorts of worries in my mind about my dress. To the point where I seriously started doubting my decision and was getting worried that I was going to have to find money in my budget to find something else, not to mention the horror that I find dress shopping to be. And I'm sure that a lot of brides end up feeling this way in that, if you find your dress early on, it can be easy to doubt yourself since it just sits in storage for so long that you can lose perspective. After all, it's not like all that many people have seen me in my dress, and certainly no one that I could say is necessarily impartial. So I did what I had to do: I got up on a chair and hauled that puppy down, put it on, and took pictures. Now I look like a hot mess, granted, (coming straight out of the shower will do that), but it did the trick. No, the dress might not be my dream dress, but it works... well. Almost all of my major concerns were alleviated and I felt like I was able to breathe again. It might sound petty, but this day is VERY important to me and while the dress never seemed important before, I didn't want it to turn into a PROBLEM either! It looks like I will HAVE to get it seriously altered through the bust (which could be a blessing in disguise since I can probably get them to build cups into it at the same time, thus eliminating the need to search out a low back strapless bra. Those suckers are about as rare as unicorns, and about the same price!) but otherwise, I actually am pretty satisfied with it. It's also solved some questions for me re: accessorizing. I've decided not to do the pretty lace shrug, that I will get some sort of brooch for my sash, and that KILLER earring are definitely on the menu! Let the shopping begin! Oh, and pushups... lots of pushups are also on the menu!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment