Thursday, September 24, 2009

it's official: my nerd-dom knows no bounds

Guys! I actually started shaking with excitement reading about this!!! Now maybe I'm crazy behind, but NO I don't typically skulk amongst tech sites.... Usually the techies bug me. True story. I'm generally more an artsy kid who just USES tech... that's my story, anyway! But this, oh, this is good! One of my favorite discoveries, ever, tech was, was the graphics tablet, way back in the eleventh grad, a bajillion years ago. See, here's the thing: I'm shaky. No seriously. REALLY shaky. Like genetic condition that makes the idea of a full glass of milk scary. Never mind a full shot of tequila (though that might be scary for other reasons!). Because of this condition, I was never able to take art: period. After all, if you can't draw a straight line, most teachers don't see much of an art future for you. But with the tablet I WAS able to draw, and paint, and I had an UNDO button! YAY! So if my hand suddenly jerked, I could FIX IT. Trust me. This was a revolutionary idea at the time for me. I forsaw all sorts of opportunities for people like myself with limited functionality in their hands... Yeah, I know, I was kind of a dreamer. But still. Point being, I've got a soft spot for tablets, touch screen, etc. Anything that brings peeps, art, and tech together. Loves it.
So, when trolling the interwebz today I found actual, honest-to-jeebus info on a new tablet from Microsoft (I know, right? Not Apple???), well, I freaked out. Turns out it's more like a booklet than a tablet, per se, but it maintains all of the functionality of a tablet. You can flick, use a stylus, you name it. There are two separate screens which you can move items between (LOVE THAT.) and even "store" in the spine between the two. Yeah, that's dope. Basically, it's like the lovechild between a Palm and a laptop, but so so so much better! These guys describe it better than me, but trust me, this rules! Images from here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment