Well, here goes kids... yours truly's singles purchases (and a whole album! imagine!) for the week of Oct. 13th, 2009. It was particularly heavy on the singer/songwriter stuffs with a glossy icing of cheezy pop (bought to humour a visiting mommy with pop-centric taste in a country-rock town)... Let me know; what did YOU buy this week?
In other happy music news, apparently my boyfriend and yours, George Strombolopolous is hosting a new radio show on CBC?? Can we have a HELL YES!? HELL YES!!! Just to clarify why this has awesome all over it like so many sparkles on a unicorn: in introducing the show on the Hour last night, Georgie-boy sent out a request to anyone to do covers of pre-Hysteria Def Leppard... to be played on national radio. Yeah, that's pretty frickin' awesome. yup. I can't WAIT to hear the results! Image from
Also, is it just me, or is all music starting to get to that weird point where ALL of it sounds the same? Granted, I'm temporarily bummed, but actually this is usually a good thing. It typically means that something new and fresh (well, fresh anyway, if not new) is just on the horizon... I'm stoked to see what's next!
In other happy music news, apparently my boyfriend and yours, George Strombolopolous is hosting a new radio show on CBC?? Can we have a HELL YES!? HELL YES!!! Just to clarify why this has awesome all over it like so many sparkles on a unicorn: in introducing the show on the Hour last night, Georgie-boy sent out a request to anyone to do covers of pre-Hysteria Def Leppard... to be played on national radio. Yeah, that's pretty frickin' awesome. yup. I can't WAIT to hear the results! Image from
Outta Here, Esmee Denters
Midnight Romeo, Push Play
Animal I Have Become, Three Days Grace (yeah, yeah... it's terrible. I know, ok?!)
Body Language, Jesse McCartney
High Heels, Lola
Dollhouse, Priscilla Renea
Heads Will Roll, Yeah Yeah Yeahs (omG! This gets SO stuck in my head... HAR! Sorry, unintentional puns make me happy.)
Two Is Better Than One, Boys Like Girls
Brand New Day, Ryan Starr (the theme to one of my fave shows, "Lie to Me". Did YOU know this? I didn't!)
Maybe Baby, Ladies of the Canyon (winners of this week's "Coolest Band Name" award, which, you know, doesn't exist... but if it DID!)
Smile, Uncle Kracker (I've been resisting this sucker for weeks now. I finally caved.)
Bodies, Robbie Williams (my inexplicable "bad boy" crush. maybe it's the dilated pupils that do it for me?)
The Here and Now, Sam & Ruby (yup, this would be the album I bought. Pretty cute, actually, if a little disjointed.)
Midnight Romeo, Push Play
Animal I Have Become, Three Days Grace (yeah, yeah... it's terrible. I know, ok?!)
Body Language, Jesse McCartney
High Heels, Lola
Dollhouse, Priscilla Renea
Heads Will Roll, Yeah Yeah Yeahs (omG! This gets SO stuck in my head... HAR! Sorry, unintentional puns make me happy.)
Two Is Better Than One, Boys Like Girls
Brand New Day, Ryan Starr (the theme to one of my fave shows, "Lie to Me". Did YOU know this? I didn't!)
Maybe Baby, Ladies of the Canyon (winners of this week's "Coolest Band Name" award, which, you know, doesn't exist... but if it DID!)
Smile, Uncle Kracker (I've been resisting this sucker for weeks now. I finally caved.)
Bodies, Robbie Williams (my inexplicable "bad boy" crush. maybe it's the dilated pupils that do it for me?)
The Here and Now, Sam & Ruby (yup, this would be the album I bought. Pretty cute, actually, if a little disjointed.)
0 comments:
Post a Comment