So, I figure I need to be healthier (don't we all?) Honestly, the nightly candy/popcorn/random junk benders, are not doing good things for my energy, never mind what it MUST be doing to my insides. So I've already made one step in the right direction: I've banned cereal from my house. This might seem silly, but I LOVE cereal and often found myself eating it for much more than just breakfast, easily avoiding eating "real" food at lunch, or even supper if it turned out that my husband wouldn't be home to eat with me. Yup, there I was, preparing proper meals for my daughter and husband that I couldn't be bothered eating, since a nice comforting bowl of cereal seemed preferable. And then there was cereal as a snack, and maybe a bowl or two during Gossip Girl... You get the idea.
And so far, the plan's working out pretty well; I'm eating MUCH more fruit, vegetables, and protein since I've been forced to! Now I just need to find a way to avoid all the other reasonably pointless carbs/candy (which, yes, I know, is a carb. but trust me, in my world, it deserves it's own category) Maybe that's just what I need to do: remove the rest of those too-easy-to-grab bran bites and granola bars? Really, I keep them around "for the kids", but is there any reason that I can't just hook them up with peanut butter toast on whole grain bread instead? Now I just need something to keep me from heading out the door at nine every night for that candy fix...
So, part of my plan is to be able to make myself sweet/salty shakes/smoothies at night... I figure this should help in terms of the whole "longer lasting, be able to snack on it" thing. But, weirdly, I don't have a blender! It's one of those weird things where I almost assumed we did, only to realize that's not the case. So off to CT we go, I'm thinking! Wish me luck! And hey, if you've got any healthy, food-addict friendly ideas, throw 'em this way!
And so far, the plan's working out pretty well; I'm eating MUCH more fruit, vegetables, and protein since I've been forced to! Now I just need to find a way to avoid all the other reasonably pointless carbs/candy (which, yes, I know, is a carb. but trust me, in my world, it deserves it's own category) Maybe that's just what I need to do: remove the rest of those too-easy-to-grab bran bites and granola bars? Really, I keep them around "for the kids", but is there any reason that I can't just hook them up with peanut butter toast on whole grain bread instead? Now I just need something to keep me from heading out the door at nine every night for that candy fix...So, part of my plan is to be able to make myself sweet/salty shakes/smoothies at night... I figure this should help in terms of the whole "longer lasting, be able to snack on it" thing. But, weirdly, I don't have a blender! It's one of those weird things where I almost assumed we did, only to realize that's not the case. So off to CT we go, I'm thinking! Wish me luck! And hey, if you've got any healthy, food-addict friendly ideas, throw 'em this way!
1 comments:
air popped popcorn. It's filling and crunchy and you can sprinkle it with just a hint of salt to satisfy the tortilla/potato chip PMS cravings. I got a popcorn popper when I went away to boarding school from my aunts, and it finally died after 10 years and 5 apartments. The new one was $30 USD (probably 2x what they paid for it 10 years ago), but SO worth it. The bagged microwave stuff seems like an abomination now!
Post a Comment